FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of internet connectivity becoming more frequent with HG633 router.

fade2gray
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

I've had the HG633 for about 3 years now and internet connectivity used to drop out every couple of months or so, now it's around every couple of weeks - this happens to all devices, wired or wireless, but I can still ping all devices on the Windows network.

When these dropouts occur, the LED remains solid white and the router's interface claims everything is A-OK across the board but requires a reboot to re-establish an internet connection. I've tried different micro-filters and even left them connected to the test socket but still, the dropouts occur.

Could I try a replacement router - TT are welcome to have this one back.

P.S. At the time of the dropouts the landline is unaffected.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

I think you will need to configure the router manually.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for everyone's assurance.

Will I be able to import the config file exported from the Sagemcom, or will I need to manually reconfigure the reserved IP addresses for all the various devices I have?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi fade2gray

I'm also using the Huawei WIFI hub, it performs really well and I've never had any issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

@fade2gray Do not confuse "superior" with "more expensive."  😉

Give the Huawei Hub a go and see how you get on. Like Karl, I prefer it to the Sagemcom. 

Message 5 of 10

Hi

you can, but I find the wireless of the Huawei hub better than the sagemcom and the configuration menu has more options, but it's all down to personal preference.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 10

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

Thanks for the reply, but I, unfortunately, gave some misinformation in my OP.

The router I am currently using and having issues with is the Sagemcom Fast 5364, the one that you can see the copper colour through the perforations, the HG633 was the router I had been using before being replaced with the Sagemcom when I renewed my contract.

Regarding the Huawei DG8041W, from what I've read the Sagemcom is the 'superior' version of the two hubs that TT provide and in that respect if I return the Huawei unopened and unused, could I have the Sagemcom replaced like-for-like as I have not read anywhere of anyone else experiencing the same problem and suspect it has developed an intermittent hardware fault?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Debbie has ordered the Huawei Hub (DG8041W) for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thank you - you say a different router as in a different model, if so what model will it be and will I be able to import the exported configurations I have made from the HG633?

Also, can you check the delivery address is correct as TT has got it wrong in the past?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi fade2gray

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a different router and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes