FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Fibre speed

Acebass
Whizz Kid
Message 26 of 26

Since December my fibre speed has dropped, and from the 54Mbps guaranteed speed, I now am only getting 17.4. Why am I bothering to pay for this increased speed. Trying to contact anyone is a nightmare. Can one of the Mods on here do anything about turning my speed up again, or failing that, give me a live chat link to someone who can.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speed has improved. I'm just sending you a Community survey via PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi Karl. I don't know what you did, but my speed is back up to 53Mbps for the first time since Christmas. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi

The profile has increases and I'm showing sync at 58mb, however the line test is still showing a loop fault near the premises.

Is it possible to take all equipment out of the test socket so nothing is connected, then let me know.  I can run the test again and see if it still fails with nothing connected.  This will rule out any equipment faults etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi Michelle.

Micro filter arrived today. Plugged into the test socket, but no marked increase in speed, though it has risen from 19 to 21 Mbps!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi

One is on the way.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi Michelle

I suppose that would be the next step to trying to sort out this problem. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Morning,

Would you like us to send you a microfilter? This is just so we can confirm if there is any improvement in speed at the test socket and to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

I do not have any filters in order to try the master socket, as I have no need of them with the pre-filtered socket. I do wonder if, as I am getting 18Mbps to the router, whether it is the router throttling the speed.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Hi Acebass

Thanks for your reply.

There should be a test socket underneath the faceplate. You would need to remove the lower section of the faceplate and then connect the router and filter directly at the test socket.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

The main socket looks like the one labelled FTTC.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi,

Can I just confirm, does the main socket look like the below please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Not sure where my replies to you keep going. Sorry if you get multiple replies. I cannot see any test socket.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Did you see my last post in regards to the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi Michelle.  Any movement on this fault please?  

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Does the main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

It is now Michelle, I have just updated it.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hello,

Is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 26

Thanks for that, it does seem low. I will get TalkTalk support on this forum to investigate the issue for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):19999

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):11993

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 20 of 26

The HG635 is no longer a current router, as it is quite old.

The speed test is not guaranteed as that can be affected by the device, the speed that is guaranteed is the one recorded by the router. On the HG635, please log into the router & use the "Check My Internet Connection Status" from the router's home screen. In there look at the Upstream & Downstream Line Rates. What speeds do they display?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes