FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low download speeds on wired connection but fast on wifi??

Rebellime
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have had several back and fourths with Talk Talk now revolving the speeds I am getting, I have had an engineer out to my property to confim there is no issues, had the super fast broadband box when the engineer came out, however I have upgraded to the fibre65 package with the new router. 

I am now getting fast speeds on my wifi but my wired connection is 10mps or less most of the time.

This is getting frustrating now as there have been times when my wired connection has reached good speeds but has NEVER been consistent.

Please help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

All tests are clear and router showing in sync at 63mb.

If speeds over wifi are faster than wired, then logically there are 3 places where this is failing.

It could be a faulty ethernet port, so try the other 3.  It could be a poor ethernet cable so swap this out and see if speeds improve.  

Lastly it can also be the adapter in your wired device.  If the network adapter in the device is not capable of the speeds the router is putting out, or there is a driver or settings issue this can cause it to be slow.

Always good to check another wired device if you can get hold of one.

If all the above are checked out, then the next option is to swap out the router to make sure that it is not failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Rebellime
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Okay this is updated

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rebellime

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes