FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low internet speed

kbike
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Tested my internet speed yesterday:only 7.35mbps against my guaranteed 19mbps(normally low twenties).Line allegedly checked OK & advised to check home: tried different router,cable instead of wi-fi etc. with no improvement."contact team" & "live chat" not working for me.Problem only happened after City Fibre dug up(ongoing)pavement in front of my house and you can see where they have joined cable into pole supplying my house.There is no more I can do/check at my end,can you please help?

Older but not wiser.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi kbike

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi kbike

No problem. I will post back as soon as I receive any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the update.

Older but not wiser.

Message 4 of 10

Hi kbike

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi kbike

No problem. I will check on this fault again tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Debbie: Thank you!

Older but not wiser.

Message 7 of 10

Tried that,tried another router,disconnecting devices,connecting by cable as in my post.Tried everything suggested in Talktalk trouble shooting guide:wasted an hour or two of my time to no avail!

Older but not wiser.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi kbike

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential line fault so this has been escalated over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 9 of 10
Have you tried powering down the hub for 30mins and then powering back on then checking speed stats via ethernet ?

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!