FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed Internet Connection!!!

plmrito
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Used to have more than 35 Mbps on my fibre internet connection and now at 3am I have the speed below.

Who can help me as this speed is not acceptable for a unlimited fibre connection!!!

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

15.8 Mbps

Your average download speed

6.5 Mbps

Your average upload speed

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi plmrito,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed again as this will reset the current session? Are you also connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @plmrito ,

Are you doing the speed test wired or wireless, it is always best to do it wired to get an accurate result.

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post in a day or two.