FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed and disconnections

guerilla
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

Hi TT Team,

Had a few issues of late; disconnections and slow speeds.

I'm getting a rock solid 25Mb speed on a line that was easily capable of 60Mb when it was going well.

The online diagnosis detected faults recently.

OpenReach came twice. Second time they accessed my property as they believed the issue must be internal given no fault was found.

Testing at the socket, they proved the line was capable of a solid 60Mb so they said the fault was internal.

They replaced the master socket anyway and for a while the speeds were good again. They've since dropped off and disconnections have reoccurred.

OpenReach believe it is likely a faulty router. I found a DSL-3782 I had in the loft so put that in instead of the suspect Hub I was using.

Speeds remain slow @ 25Mb on a 60Mb connection.

Could you take a look from your end please to make sure there is no DLM in place that is throttling things?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear this. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

guerilla
Team Player
Message 2 of 13

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Thank you for checking up on this.

OpenReach spent a good while assisting with this. I explained what was done during their first 2 visits and what I'd tried swapping inside since.

They swapped the fibre over and immediately the speed was better. They did advise further work was required at the cabinet which might affect things in the future.

They also said I should monitor things over the course of a week as it settled.

For now, the internet is working extremely well so please close this one. Thank you for your support.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

I've re-checked and there is an update to advise that Openreach have cleared a possible fault. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hello,

I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation and we will check this again on Thursday to see if there is an update on the fault. The phone can also be connected to the microfilter.

Thanks

guerilla
Team Player
Message 5 of 13

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes, please follow beat course of action to get this resolved.

Shall I leave the DSL-3782 in the test socket in the meantime? Doing so means I have no landline, I believe.

Thanks

Message 6 of 13

Hi guerilla

Thanks for your reply.

The same fault is still being detected. Are you happy for me to raise this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer?

0 Likes

guerilla
Team Player
Message 7 of 13

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I just found a brand new cable in the box of the DSL-3782.

So I swapped it out and rebooted the router.

I now have a new master socket and cable and have a different router attached than when OpenReach came last week and said no line fault detected for a second time.

Could you try to run a test again please since I've changed the cable just to rule that out, thanks?

I'm happy to try a new router and cable should you think it might help though, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi guerilla

Thank you. I've completed another line test and the same fault has been detected.

Would you like me to send a new router with new cables and filter so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

guerilla
Team Player
Message 9 of 13

My bad, I plugged the phone into the test socket, not the modem!

Broadband and internet lights now lit. Speed has also improved to 45Mb, possibly bottlenecked by poor WiFi performance from the modem hence the switch to a Hub in the past!

0 Likes

guerilla
Team Player
Message 10 of 13

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk 

DSL-3782 connected to Test port of new Master Socket.

OpenReach showed me on their meter attached to the Test Socket that the line was good and running at 60Mb.

On both visits they have said no fault with the line. It must be an internal issue.

They replaced the Master Socket to a 5C one and removed the filter anyway and I've now switched out the Hub for a DSL-3782. I could try replacing the cable I suppose. (NB I don't have an ADSL Filter between router and test socket, do I need one?)

After 10 minutes of being connected to the Test port, power light is solid and Wireless and Ethernet are flashing. Nothing on Broadband or Internet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi guerilla

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Would it be ok to connect the router at the test socket so we can run the line test again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @guerilla your post has been escalated and you should hear back during Tuesday 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.