FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speeds on Fibre 250, and Fibre 250 no longer listed as available for my post code

MarcD2K22
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have had  Fibre 250 for about a year, and was getting about 180Mb/s at the start (The Openreach engineer told me the line was capable of 230Mb/s) but I've been noticing that speed getting slower over time, and now my top speed is around 100Mb/s - 120Mb/s, with my router's connection speed maxing out at about 130MB/s-140MB/s according to the TalkTalk service status, which is below the minimum speed guarantee.

What concerns me even more is that if I go on the TalkTalk site acting as a 'new customer' and enter my postcode to see which services are available, Fibre 250 is no longer available as an option.

Please could someone from TalkTalk help establish whether it's actually possible for me to receive the speeds I am paying for?

Speed.png

Marc
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Ok, if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

MarcD2K22
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

ok, go ahead

Marc
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi MarcD2K22,

To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

MarcD2K22
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi, I don't have a landline, I've never used the voice service. Nothing has changed since it was put in, no. The wall socket goes into an Openreach modem, and that connects to the router. I've tried rebooting both.

Marc
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Has the set up changed at all since this was set up by the engineer?

Thanks

0 Likes

MarcD2K22
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

I've updated the details. I don't have a landline so if you need to contact me please use the alternate contact details

Marc
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes