FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sync speed

cal_b
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Wondering if someone on the forums could help as I've contacted live chat and phone support many times without much joy.

Our modem is syncing at a much lower speed than Openreach are predicting, and below our minimum guaranteed speed.

I'm pretty sure there's a line fault or just lots of noise causing errors as the noise margin reported on our modem is about 6dB but giving only ~40Mbps usable throughput (I know the noise margin adjusts down which should usually increase the speed.

I've tested on three modems (and router combined units): Huawei HG612, HG633 and a new Sagemcom FAST5364 that was sent, which all sync up at the same speed.

I managed to get a TalkTalk engineer out who said our in-home setup was correct and working fine (although they did try and charge us for using our own router) but I haven't been able to get this escalated to Openreach as they seem to be under the impression that there's still a fault on our end for some reason.

Here are the line stats from the Sagemcom. Our cabinet is about 300m down the road for context.

cal_b_0-1622556706014.png

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi

Speeds are below predicted.  Check the home phone and make sure there is a clear dial tone.  Any line noise can impact the connection.  

DLM has set the profile to 44mb.  Keep one router connected.  Power off for 30 minutes to start a new session, then do not reboot the router.  Leave for 48hrs and we can see if the profile changes. If not then an engineer will be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

It will help if you complete your community forum profile details, @cal_b, for staff to identify your account etc.

They'll reply on here in a day or two. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard, to add your details, particularly your Talktalk landline number. This can be found in My Account or Service Centre, if you are not sure of it, or by dialing 17070 from the landline for the number to be read back to you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes