FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major faster fibre speed drop

Billpattison
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Used to get 30Mbs and above... not changed anything on my home setup and now getting under 9Mbs. Talktalk say there is nothing they can do as the line is fine. Had an issue like this a couple of years ago and Openreach were sent out and found 3 faults at the exchange and the speed returned. Talktalk are now saying they won't get an engineer as nothing is wrong. REALLY!!!!! I AM PAYING FOR FASTER FIBRE!!

BP
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the PM. DLM changed your profile in the early hours of this morning and sync speed is now 31.1Mbps, have you noticed an improvement in throughput speeds?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Bill

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Bill

I'm sorry for the delay.

I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased. Apologies for this.

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

actually even worse  - sometimes between 1 and 3MBS now!!!!

BP
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Debbie,

new router set up and using new cables supplied.

Unfortunately no change to the speeds - 6Mbs download, 0.7 upload and 50ms ping.

No improvement and at a loss now as nothing else connected to new router during test.

BP
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Bill

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Michelle 

Sorry I don't have an alternative router to test so could you be so kind as to send a replacement.

Thanks

BP

Message 8 of 17

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is still clear. Just to confirm, do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Message 9 of 17

48 hours on the test socket and new filter but cant see any improvement to the speed.

BP
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Message 11 of 17

Will do thanks

BP

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 17

Hi Bill,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to post back on your topic on Thursday and we can re-check the connection stats again to see how the stability compares and if DLM has made any changes?

Thanks

Message 13 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Face plate now removed and new filter plugged into the test socket behind and router plugged into new filter.

Thanks

BP

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 17

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry for the delay and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks unstable which will affect the broadband speed. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

Billpattison
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 17

Thanks Fergus

Went through all of the help topics prior to going onto the TalkTalk online help chat. They then made me go through all of the same things again. Was on for almost 2 hours with no change to the speed. They suggested my home automation (bulbs ans plug sockets could be the issue) so I disconnected almost everything and still no change to the slow speed. Like I said in the initial post I was getting over 30Mbs and have not changed the setup at all and this last 2 weeks the speed has plummeted to 8 or 9Mbs wifi or ethernet.

BP
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Have you worked your way through the help article?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-slow-broadband-speeds/ta-p/2204649

Subhect to that, if you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday and it may be a day or so after that until you get a reply.