FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum speeds for my address

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Hi

I'm on fibre65 package, and the best download speeds I've ever had is 30Mbps.

How can I find out what is the maximum possible speed I can get for my postcode/address?

If it should be higher than 30Mbps, then how can I get the extra speed (up to my package 64Mbps max) that I'm entitled to?

Also, is there any way of finding out when my area will get the FTTP upgrade to ultrafast speeds?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Paul

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 12

Will do. Thank you for all your help Debbie.

Message 3 of 12

Hi Paul

No this should be ok. Please let me know once the new router is connected.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 12

Hi Debbie.

Just one thing re. rebooting the new router.

I will need to go into its settings when I first switch it on to change the admin password and wifi SSID name to the config of the current one (so that all my devices in the house will automatically connect without having to manually reconnect each one to the OEM SSID)

I cant remember if doing this requires a reboot. If so, would this be a problem?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Paul

It may go up slightly but I think until FTTP is available it wont go much faster sorry. My line is the same, I'm waiting on FTTP to become available in my area too.

Let me know once the new router has been connected for 48hrs (without being rebooted) and I will check the sync speed again to see if DLM has made any changes.

Thanks again.

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 12

ok, thank you for all your help Debbie.

Just wondering, should the speed to my line increase in the future, as I am on Fibre65, will my speed automatically increase up to its maximum without me doing anything?

Message 7 of 12

Hi Paul

Apologies, there would be no increase in speed on Fibre 65 based upon the predicted range for your line.

Once you receive the new router we have sent (your other topic) It would be worth leaving this switched on without being rebooted. DLM will change the profile and lower the speed if it detects re connections on the line.

Thanks

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 12

Thank you again Debbie.

If I go on that link, it just gives me Fibre35 and Fibre65 options.

If I proceed on the Fibre65, it goes to a page to transfer my line over to TalkTalk, which it already is of course. So don't really want to proceed any further into that.

I think it's fair to say that around 30Mbps is the max for my address unfortunately, and I wont be getting FTTP for a long while yet.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Paul

Thank you. I'm just waiting on some further information/advice in regards to your other post.

I have checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 32.4 and 29.2mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 26.3mb.

Your line is in sync at 32.1mb so this is within the predicted range for your line.

In regards to FTTP, if you take a look at this page Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk and scroll to the middle of the page, there is a check availability button in blue.

Thanks

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 12

Thank you Debbie.

Done.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Paul

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the sync speed and predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

0 Likes