FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May need a new router

Lleww-91
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Recently, I moved flat and brought my fibre broadband with me, which works. As it's the router from the previous address, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to have a new router?

I believe I started a new contract from the new address and thought a new router was arranged to be delivered.

When checking the service status in my account online, in Your Router section, it says "We have not been able to identify your router or its software version"

I'm hard of hearing and find it difficult over the phone if need to get in touch with me 🙂

Diolch

Gamer Llion
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi Lleww-91

Apologies for the delay.

I'm unable to connect to your router. Would it be possible to factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds? I can then try and connect again.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 7

You're welcome.

Message 3 of 7
Appreciate the help @ferguson
Gamer Llion

Message 4 of 7

That is the most up-to-date and top specification router TalkTalk supply. The support team will look into the disconnections issue for you. 

Message 5 of 7

@fergusonnot sure what model it is I'm afraid

Device version: FAST 5364-3.T8

Once a while, there is no internet connection to the router. It always happens around midnight every week or two but by the next day it's working fine.

It's frustrating as I'm a big gamer and sometimes play all day / night and I get disconnected in the middle of something.

16031966375658693975084338137868.jpg

Gamer Llion
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Which make/model of router do you have currently? If it is all working OK then I really wouldn't worry.