FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum down load speed

GS007
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I have the latest TalkTalk router for my super fast fibre broadband and have been receiving far slower that guaranteed down load speeds.

TalkTalk have advised me that to improve my speed I needed to connect my iMac via an ethernet cable to the router. I have been informed that measuring my down load speed on this wired connection meets the TalkTalk terms and conditions.

I can't find this information anywhere - is anyone able to confirm this and point me to the T&Cs that explain this please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi GS007,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Ts and Cs at the bottom of this web page.

WiFi is subject to too many variables.

The following is from the Broadband Section on page 14, my bold to answer your question.

We’ll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can’t guarantee this. It may take up to two weeks from installation for your speeds to stabilise. If, after this period, you’re regularly getting significantly lower download speeds, please contact us (see paragraph 19 above) so we can try to help improve your speed. By regularly we mean that your download speed falls below the minimum guaranteed download speed on a daily basis for at least three successive days (whether continuously or intermittently) after you reported the problem to us. We’ll try to fix the problem, but you must follow our reasonable instructions when we try to do so (including how to measure the relevant download speed on your line).