FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed BT/Openreach Engineer Visit

phillip151
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 12

As in the title. My Appointment was 1-6 PM today. No one has turned up, no phone call, no SMS, nothing!!!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Phil

Apologies for this.

Sometimes the line engineer will attend at the property once they have completed their investigations on the line. They don't arrange a visit for this. If no one was home then they would then contact us to arrange a visit.

Is the no dialtone fault still present?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Engineer called today out of the blue. Good job I was at home!  It wasn't booked!!! he just turned up unannounced!!! Apparently he found a fault with the wiring UP TO my master socket. He switched a pair of wires and it was all good for TWO HOURS up until after he left. Two hours later and now I have no phone (no dial tone) and still intermittent broadband! Yet his line check initally found a fault. which supposedly he fixed! NO>>>>> 

After he switched a couple pairs of wires it was fine for TWO HOURS! Now I have no phone (No dial tone) but I have intermittent  internet AGAIN!!!

This is getting beyond a joke. I have had to put up with intermittent broadband and phone line for nearly four weeks!!! Two Talk Talk engineers and now two BT engineers. I will cancel my contract as you have had more than enough time to sort the problem. One (now two) BT engineer visits. One visit was missed with no explanation/apology even though I waited at home all day! Yet you think it's ok to charge up to £65 for us (the customer) to pay you if we miss the appontment!

I will now give you (Talk Talk) one weeks notice from todays date 02/03/2019 to... Fix my internet and my phone line (which I am paying for under contract) OR I will cancel my direct debit.  THEN, I will take YOU to the small claims court for breach of contract... (you have not provided me with the service I am paying for and the guaranteed download speed). Sale of goods act, unfit for purpose etc.

You now have up until the 9th March 2019 to supply me with a reliable connection at a minimum speed of 35 Mbps as in our contract. OR I will terminate my contract with you. 

Message 3 of 12

Hi Phil

Apologies for the delay.

BT Openreach may be able to resolve this fault without arranging a visit. We should have further information on Monday. If an engineer is required after the BT Openreach investigation then I will arrange this visit for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks Debbie.

This will now be entering the fourth week since I have reported the still ongoing problem with drop in connection and landline. 

Will I be able to request a rebook of a BT Engineer on here as per private message you sent me?

Phil

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi phillip151

Our Network Team have advised that this fault is still being investigated by BT Openreach and we should have further updates on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi phillip151

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi phillip151

Apologies, as this was a system issue we were not aware of it until you advised that the appointment had been missed.

A BT Openreach line engineer is currently investigating this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Sent you a pm with my details.

I would like to know why no-one contacted me. I also received no phone call or message the day before the appointment. 

Image2.jpg

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 12

Hi phillip151

Further to my last post, our Network Team have now passed this to a BT Openreach line engineer to complete some further investigations.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi phillip151

Our Network Team have advised that this missed visit appears to be related to a system issue. Apologies for this.

We will need to re book this engineer visit. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi phillip151

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this missed visit and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes