FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Hub for Fibre 65

annaraatz
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I switched to Fibre 65 few weeks ago and still not received it promised new hub router.

This was the main reason why I did switch as the old one is keep dropping wi-fi on mobile devices.

Could you check if it has been ordered and when it will arrive please.

I did not spot any speed increase in my broadband speed as well, still up to 30, is that something what will be improved, when?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi annaraatz

I'm sorry for the delay.

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router connected.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

When the staff here pick this up tomorrow they will be able to confirm if your line should be able to provide faster speeds, as you should only have been sold Fibre 65 if your line can support speeds of well over 40, so it may be that there is some other issue that is holding your speeds back and that you should be able to get faster speeds than you are.

There are some things you could try to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi connectivity issues, however it might be best to wait to see if the staff here can arrange a new router for you, as if they can there is probably no point troubleshooting the old router.

The maximum speed you can get is not so much about upgrading the network, it is the physical limitations of the signal coming down a length of phone line, the speed you can get it very dependent on the length of the line :

Skynet_TX_0-1626203111632.png

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

No, I did not speak to anyone as all was done online, but it was clearly mentioned on the upgrade offer a new hub router and I need a new one.

Thanks for explaining the cap thing, that will be the case than. Just a shame that they offered it to me and I can't even use it.

Looking forward at least for a new router then! and hoping they will upgrade the network so we can enjoy better broadband speeds!  

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @annaraatz,

Did you speak to someone who specifically said you were going to get a replacement router, because if the router you already have supports the service you are upgrading to you will not normally get sent a new router automatically (even though some of what you read online when upgrading does give the impression that you will get a new router, this wording is really intended for brand new customers).

The staff here will be able to pick this post up tomorrow to check if a router is on order for you. If there is not one on order and you are experiencing issues with your current router then staff here will also be able to help with that.

If you were on Fibre 35 before, and have upgraded to Fibre 65, then all that upgrading does is remove the 40mbps cap from your line, so if you were only getting speeds of 30 before then you will not see a speed improvement as you were not being held back by the 40mbps cap. Is the '30' that you mentioned the sync speed shown in the router, or the result of a speed test, and was that speed test done on a wired or wireless device.

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

If the sync speed in the router shows a speed much faster than your (ideally wired) speed test results, then it would be worth switching the router off for over 30 minutes, this can help get the 'throughput' speeds up to something closer to the sync speeds after an upgrade from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65.

0 Likes