FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem adapter has failed

wenipeny
Participant
Message 13 of 13

My adapter for the openreach modem has failed can you get replacements or will I need to get a new modem as well? I'm having to use an adapter from something else which is how I found that it was the adapter why I'd lost all connections as no electric was getting to the modem. I have had to use the alternative adapter as I'm working from home for an employer 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi wenipeny

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

wenipeny
Participant
Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie, engineer came first thing this morning and supplied both a new power plug and a new modem & everything is running perfectly again. Thanks

Message 3 of 13

Hi wenipeny

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie 🙂

wenipeny
Participant
Message 4 of 13

Hi Debbie, yes that's fine. Thanks

Message 5 of 13

Hi wenipeny

No problem.

I have changed the appointment to 25/04 AM, will this be ok?

wenipeny
Participant
Message 6 of 13

Hi Debbie, sorry but can it be rearranged as I am out on the 22nd April, also out on the 28thApril. I'd forgotten about them until I went to note my diary. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi wenipeny

I have arranged the engineer visit for 22/04 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi wenipeny

Thanks for your reply.

We don't send out any replacement equipment for the Openreach modem, this would be replaced by an OR engineer.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

wenipeny
Participant
Message 9 of 13

Hi Debbie, it's the adapter (plug) that connects the openreach modem to the power supply that has failed. The modem itself is working but I'm having to use an adapter (plug) from something else in order to supply power to the modem. If it needs an engineer from BT just to replace the adapter (plug) then yes please arrange one, otherwise all I need is a replacement power adapter (plug) sending 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi wenipeny

I'm sorry to hear this.

If the fault is with the Openreach modem then we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like us to arrange this visit for you on the Community?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

wenipeny
Participant
Message 11 of 13

Thanks, yes it's the modem power supply that's failed. There's no issue with the Talk Talk router

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @wenipeny,

If the power supply for the Openreach modem (rather than the TalkTalk router) has failed then TalkTalk may well have to arrange an Openreach engineer to come round to replace it. The support team here will be back after the Easter weekend and will be able to confirm, they will then be able to arrange to get things fixed for you.

Can you just confirm that it is the power supply for the Openreach modem that has stopped working ?