FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - have I been put on the right package?

Bullsboy
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi
I've just moved house and was getting about 70Mb
I put a house move through and was put into Fibre 65 which made sense by now I've received my welcome information, the maximum speed is 30Mb. I think this might be the maximum speed available

If I can only get 30Mb, shouldn't I be on Fibre 35 rather than 65?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @Bullsboy

It looks like the homemove team simply replicated the old package, which technically shouldn't be possible due the line speed. 

I can change it for you, but first I need to confirm some security questions

I have sent a PM to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
Hi.
I think it was 24Mb
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Bullsboy

When you placed the homemove order, What was the minimum speed promised.? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Forum staff are away till next week and there will be a backlog for a while,  @Bullsboy.

Some limited support available via Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Check operating hours there too.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your help. I've updated my profile now so if someone could have a look at it that would be great. 

I've run a check and the max speed is 57-59 so I'm now confused as to why 30Mb is my max speed and if that's the case why I'm on fibre 65

2B483170-2A94-4E47-B1F7-C524F4F803E0.png

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Bullsboy,

If the maximum speed your line can support is 30mbps then yes, you would only need to be on the Fibre 35 package, as that can support speeds of up to 40mbps. It is only worth being on Fibre 65 if your line can support speeds of well over 40mbps.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two (no staff are working on this community on 24th / 25th Dec, so it may be early next week before you get a response if they don't get to this post tomorrow).

You could put your address into this site to see what speeds BT think your line is capable of, the VDSL lines at the top of the results will show your estimated fibre speeds, the speeds available on TalkTalk should be broadly similar.

0 Likes