FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - can I get Fibre 65 but keep Sagecom F5364 router

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

about to move and wondering whether to switch providers but checking best TT offers.

I can get 65 where I'm going but TalkTalk online move process only offers Fibre35.

I'd like 65 and to keep my SagecomF5364 router.

Are both possible?

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 2 of 14

@Arne-TalkTalk yes thanks. Extremely helpful. Uk based. Which helps with clarity. 
I await it all going smoothly now.

thanks

richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

I suggest you get in touch with the Home Move team directly to clarify what's what, call 0345 172 0088.

Message 5 of 14

I've gone on as new customer and got offered 65 plus various comparison sites for that address all say 65!

Richard Lister
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 14

If you are only being offered Fibre 35 at the new address it is likely that the line to the cabinet is so long that it cannot support Fibre 65 speeds.

As for the two HUBs, if you get a new one as part of the move, keep it as a spare.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@richardlister It is marketed as such, but both have identical specifications. It may just be that the WiFi Hub black was included on the order automatically, but doesn't in fact arrive if they establish that you already have a suitable device. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

@paulshent - thanks but I thought the Sagecom F5364 was superior according to TT site plus costs more if u are buying them.

https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/?category=Routers

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

You can use the router you prefer, you don't have to use the new one if one is sent

Chris

paulshent
Community Star
Message 10 of 14

Take your router with you.  Just ensure your new line can support fibre 65 over 35.

Otherwise the standard router is the sageMcom.

I am sure the Loyalty team or an OCE will verify my comment

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Yes but the online move process says they are including a new black router - which is lower spec'd than the one I have? Just wondered if there was a technical reason for the router swap if I go up to 65mbps?

thanks

R

Richard Lister
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 14

@richardlister when you move home you are expected to take your router with you !

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi Richard,

If you speak to our loyalty team they should be able to help. There are details how they can be contacted here

Chris