FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house nightmare

aheitor
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I had a 18months contract and thought of bringing the contract to the new property when I moved. What a nightmare, speeds at this property are appalling slower compared to my previous and Talktalk seemed to have started me a new contract (high monthly fee) without my consent. So essentially paying more for a lower quality service. 

I have been reviewing correspondence with them and I cannot even find any details of this new contract. Does anyone know where to find the details (i.e. fine print) of contract with Talktalk.  Im keen to change provider but I did signed a 18month contract back in October 2020, so obviously I would like to avoid early termination fees, so I would like to have a read at the proper contract. If anyone knows where to find this info, it would be much appreciated

A.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @aheitor

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

@aheitor, the speed of your connection is entirely dependent on the particular line to your particular house and the specific distance from the exchange/cabinet etc. It's not standardised. 

It won't necessarily match the speeds that were previously offered at your old address.

If you took out a new contract with Home Move, you were spared the Home Move fee of £60.00. You need to consider whether that would have been the more expensive option.

You should have been made aware of these options at the time.

A new contract should not have been started without your consent. Please check the current description of your package in My Account. 

Fast Broadband is the slowest package.....

It's more expensive than either Fibre 35 or Fibre 65, as they want everybody to move to Fibre.

You can check the minimum speed for your package in Service Centre (see Service Status in the forum menu). In speeds to your router, you'll see the minimum guaranteed speed, when you click through for more information. That will give you an indication of whether or not your speeds are satisfactory for your current line.

Staff will reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes