FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a new area

colinreid
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hey all.

As the title says. I'll be moving to a new area and I was wondering if I will be able to get at least 60MB or when will the 140MB download speeds start to roll out if someone could check for me?

Kindest regards

Colin-

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Fttp on demand is where you pay all the civil costs involved to get fttp. This usually costs £1000's. It basically means fttp is not available in that area (it will say as much further down the page).

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 7

Hi Colin,

I've also included a Help Guide below,

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 3 of 7
see if there is a BT/Openreach Green Cab near your new property is it within a good stone’s throw from your house if so you will get top speed as it will go (as near as for FTTC) after that it diminishes the further from the cab. It’s only a rough guide but a good guide to start with
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

FTTP from TT (Future Fibre) is not available in all areas.

You will just have to use the TT website to see if it is available or use the likes of uswitch to see if other ISPs offer it over the Openreach network.

There may be other local providers who offer FTTP.

Once you know the address you can try a dummy order.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Oh okay! How would I go about getting the FTTP on demand option where I could get over 300MB download speeds?

Colin 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

General availability can be checked here.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

As for what TT can offer depends entirely on whether they have capacity at the local cabinet, the length of the line to that cabinet for Fibre 35/65 and if it has been upgraded to g.fast if you want Fibre 150.

As for Future Fibre, if Openreach has cabled the area, TT may offer a service but it is Data Only, no phone line.

Suggest you do a dummy order on the TT website for the address and see what comes up