FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Router disconnects and reconnects this morning

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

My connection this morning has been terrible, the stabiloity of the connection has been non existent and I can see the router contantly (every few minutes) disconnecting and re-connecting.  It is almost like there is a profile check being run on the linbe but I haven't request one.  My connection speeds are fluctuating from my normal and expected 70down 20up to half that in both directions.

COuld somebody take a look at what might be going on.  Earlier in the year we had openreach  engineers fix external line connection issues and since then we've had the best speeds.  But today the line has been completely useless, we're having to tether from mpbile phones to maintain some level of stable connection.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

That's great news, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Yes everything looks to be more stable. Thanks for the response

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Morning,

I've re-checked and I can see that the fault has been cleared and the line test is now also clear. How is the stability of your connection at the moment, is everything now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that a potential line fault has been detected and this has been passed to Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anymore in the next 24hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @ascarr,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes