FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Faster Fibre Broadband is running at about 1Mbps

Alexsandr
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

I've been struggling with my broadband for the last 7 - 8 weeks (ever since the price went up). Some of my devices lose connection randomly. I get buffering when trying to stream. I've run out of ideas on how to improve this. I've just run a speed test with three different websites and they report 0.1, 1.84 & 0.34 Mbps download. I often end up turning my router off and then on again. Previously I have been able to chat online with a representative but that option seems to have been removed (I guess due to the Pandemic). I was on a very important Zoom meeting yesterday and I kept getting pop up messages about my connection.

I'm at my wits end, any good advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

Tests are showing a loop fault in or near the property.  The next option is for an engineer to visit.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi. The replacement router is now installed and active. I've just carried out a speed test (via three different test apps) and the download speed was reported at about 46 Mbps

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

OK, thanks. I'll reply to this message when I've installed the replacement unit. Thanks Ian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi

I'll get a different model router to you so that hardware issues can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Sorry, I only have the one router

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 19

Hi Alexsandr,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test again now which is still detecting a loop fault. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Done

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 19

Hi Alexsandr,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket behind the faceplate so we can re-run the line test again please?

We're currently investigating the email issue this morning and updates for this will be updated on our Service Status Page as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Michelle. It's the NTE 5C. Speed about 25Mbps this morning. Mail apps showing cannot connect to server. Everything running very slow at the moment. Regards Ian

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 19

Hi Alexsandr,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, does the main socket look like the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Update from my earlier message, best speed so far this evening has been 17.2 Mbps. Been trying to book a return flight for an hour, eventually gave up. will try again tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Michelle. I've just logged in to see if you replied to my earlier message but I can't see it. Not sure what happened there. So to repeat my previous reply, the main socket has only one connection point on the outside so unless the test socket is inside I would say no. The main socket is badged BT Openreach. It has a filter connected from which two leads are connected, one to my router and one to my phone via a CPR CallBlocker. My router has two connections, one to my smart TV and one to my YouView box. Regards

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 19

Hi Alexsandr,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible loop fault. Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

So are these over the wired or wireless connections. When the speed goes slow, what does the router show then?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 16 of 19

I've just repeated the three speed tests and it's currently reporting 60.6, 69.6 & 71.72 Mbps.

I've carried out these three test occasionally over the last few weeks, usually when I'm having problems, and the results are usually very low but then I have also had, as shown here, some good results. Why is there such a variation and why does it seem to happen regularly ? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi Keith.

My router is a FAST5364-3.T8

The dashboard shows 80 Mbps Download & 20 Mbps Upload

I have two wired connections which are my TalkTalk tv box and my television.

I very rarely use the TV direct connection but I have been getting some odd things happening with my TalkTalk box i.e. I lose connection from the handset and only rebooting the box resolves this. I have also had what looks a bit like buffering when using the TV apps.

Hope that info helps.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

I can help, but please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. If you log into the router what speed does it show there (normally in the initial dashboard, but not knowing the router that you have, I cannot be more precise)?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes