FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TalkTalk keep disconnection

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Please could you help me.

I have had TalkTalk Faster Fibre since 16th Sep 2020 and have had fast internet with no disconnection until a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago my TalkTalk internet starting disconnecting one or twice a day, showing a "world globe" icon on my Wired Connected Windows 10 PC while re-connecting. I logged in to the TalkTalk route statue screen when the disconnecting happens and the route is still connected and working.

A few weeks ago I ran a line test from the "Your Connection Status" section of my TalkTalk account login screen and a Fault was found.

An Openreach Engineer arrived on Mondays and replaced my house's 1980's telephone socket with a new telephone socket and house wiring. After this the Openreach Engineer reset my telephone line and tested it. He reported that the telephone line was running at 80Mb with no errors.

My TalkTalk internet worked good on Tuesday but by Wednesday has now started to disconnecting again.

On Thursday I purchased a new "TP-Link TD-W9970 N300 Wi-Fi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router" to replace the TalkTalk supplied Sagemcom Modem Router. My TalkTalk internet is still disconnecting.

Today I ran a line test from the "Your Connection Status" section of my TalkTalk account login screen and you couldn't find any problems on your line.

My TalkTalk internet is still disconnecting one or twice a day.

Please could you investigate my problem.

Thank You for your help

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 11

The Openreach engineer has just left.  He checked all the internal and external phone wiring.  He found a loose connector on my telelphone line in the pavement box outside my house.  He has fixed it.

Everything is working correctly again.

Thank you for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi,

No problem, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 11

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've raised this over to Openreach now as a broadband fault/intermittent connection fault, however I've advised that there is a clicking noise on the line. Openreach will now complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear anymore in the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 11

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have just listened to my landland phone again now and I can still hear a quite clicking noise every few seconds.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible broadband issue, however the voice line test is clear. Is the voice service now ok since your last post? If the voice is now clear then we can raise this over to Openreach as a broadband fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 11

Sorry after listening to my landline phone again. I have noticed every so often a quite clicking noise (it reminds me of the old Rotary Dialing clicks) on the telephone line.  It happens all the time, even when speaking.

Hopes this helps.

0 Likes

ppumpkin55555
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for your quick response.

My TalkTalk landline phone has have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line.

My router is connected directly to my Master phone socket built in ADSL socket. My Master phone socket don't have a test socket. I don't have any phone wiring in my house.

I have changed my router back to the supplied Sagemcom Modem Router.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @ppumpkin55555,

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help. It would be best to leave the TalkTalk supplied router connected, as the staff here will be able to help more if you are using a router supplied by TalkTalk.

0 Likes