FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Talktalk Hub has failed, needs replacement. APPALLING live chat support experience

VirtuaMcPolygon
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Hiya, I woke up this morning to find my TalkTalk Hub router stuck in a reboot cycle flashing orange fast then to slow and back to fast orange. Who knows maybe it did a firmware update overnight and failed.

I tried all the steps, line check and modem wall socket check. Which never came up with any faults. I fortunately have my old talktalk router which you replaced with the newer HUB model. This connects to the internet fine but the reason you replaced it was due to the wifi was a bit iffy on it. Also I was due an upgrade. 

After the support self check steps it referred me to a live chat 1st line support session. 

Cut a long story short. I was on the live session for 1hr 30 mins doing exactly the same steps as before. And the operator was in a loop stuck going back to earlier steps with repeat line checks that passed and asking me if I am using any microfilters repeatedly. I had to keep confirming the same answers. I had explained I have tried my old old talk talk router which connects fine to the internet but has iffy wifi. So the wall socket and line and phone line are perfectly fine. Otherwise the older router would have the same issues. And the newer one cannot even power up to get to it's admin network page. This is an obvious hardware fault on the router. 

This doesn't compute with the talk talk 1st line support workflow system as it didn't work and was being instructed to go back to previous checks by the operator.

I was literally begging the operator to escalate my case to the next level of support or to the operators line manager. And they finally did 2hrs in. And then when I asked to repeat the phone number I suppled for them to call me back. It was wrong!

I mean I have worked in 1st line support years ago and never seen so much incompetence.  And I still have a bust HUB router and an ancient one I'm having to use with dodgy wifi signal on it.

Please could a talk talk employee reply back to me to get this fixed as I work from home. And it is paramount to me that this is fixed ASAP. 

Been annoying people since 1976.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

VirtuaMcPolygon
Team Player
Message 2 of 7

Hiya, yep the replacement router has arrived. Works perfectly. 

thanks for the quick reply and help on this forum 

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

How are you getting on? Has the router arrived?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

I've found deep breaths and counting to 10 helps 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 5 of 7

Many thanks. I wish I  come here first. >_< 

I need a lay down after that live chat 2hr epic experience. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi

A replacement Hub is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes