FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My WiFi is down

dailyfreestyle98
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My WiFi has been down for 20 hours. All I've been getting is a flashing orange light. Tried all the online tips on how to fix this issue and still nothing. Testing the line was inconclusive. I need help ASAP. It's the middle of lockdown and I've got 4 people in the house that need the internet

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi dailyfreestyle98

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Message 2 of 5

So I'm not sure what you've tried through the online tips but personally I would try the following in order and try to connect after each step:

- if possible connect the modem directly to the master socket (even better the test socket within the master socket). This will eliminate internal wiring issues.

- power down the modem for 30 mins. This resets the session which may or may not help.

- pin hole/factory reset the modem. You'll need to re do any personalised settings after this so do it last. You can back up your settings and re-install them but be aware that if its a setting issue the problem may come back. Better to redo the set up from scratch. 

Beyond that you'll need an OCE to look into this and they're not back until Monday. Make sure your TT profile is completed as its the only way the OCEs can link your forum posts to your account.

Avoid re-posting on this thread as they are dealt with in order and the more you post the further down the list you go.

Fritz

EDIT: Forgot to say before all that check the service status on the TT web site just in case there's a general outage in your area.

Message 3 of 5

You can also try some diagnostics yourself by clicking on Service Status above and then on Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Phone help is available: 03451 720046, @dailyfreestyle98, (not Sunday).

Wait for preliminary messages to conclude. 

Chat is available every day, so try to reach help over data from links here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff won't be back before Monday. They will require you to complete your community forum profile details to identify your account. 

Don't post any personal information details on the open forum pages. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.