Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My internet goes down constantly every time there's wind or heavy rain

7 REPLIES 7
Geneypie
Chatterbox

Hi, 

I think there might be an external fault somewhere with my line because any time there's bad weather, the connection constantly drops in and out, with the router flashing red. 

Any other time the connection is good, so when I run tests it doesn't pick anything up as the only time I can get to the page is when the weather is fine. 

I've been told before by an engineer before that the power and phone line poles on the road are all starting to rot and need replacing at some point, but I never heard anything else about it. I'm wondering if the two could be related and the pole is moving too much in the wind. 

Would it be possible to send someone out to have a look?

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Geneypie

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected. What's the weather like at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Geneypie
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Thanks for replying, it's been a calm day today so it's okay but it's windy/raining every few days, so every few days it's in and out, the router goes red whenever there's a strong gust of wind. 

OCE_Michelle

Hi Geneypie,

Ok thanks for confirming. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with different routers then we can arrange a engineer visit to the property. Would you like us to arrange this for you and we will confirm some details with you?

Thanks

Geneypie
Chatterbox

Yes please, I only have the one router which is the talktalk one and it's connected to the master socket. 

OCE_Debbie

Hi Geneypie

'I only have the one router which is the talktalk one and it's connected to the master socket'

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first?

Thanks

Debbie

Geneypie
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Seeing as it works perfectly when it's not raining/windy I really doubt it's the router, it seems to be purely weather related. 

OCE_Debbie

Hi Geneypie

Ok no problem. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie