FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW WI-FI ROUTER PROBLEMS

keith94darklord
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi 

Having problems with my new Wi-Fi router.

Have had it for about 4 Months and up to now no real problems although the Wi-Fi range has never been very good no problems with wired (great speeds) but now I keep getting problem connecting to the Wi-Fi, no ip address, no network found, can't connect to server ect.

I would be very greatful if you could look into this for me please as you Guys and Girls have been great in the past.

Thanks Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Keith

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Karl

Have set up the new router and at the moment it is working very well, speed good, Wi-Fi  better.

Will keep you posted.

Many Thanks to you all for the help and guidance, (saved again )

Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

The router is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie

That would be great.

Thanks for all your help you girls and guys are a real god send don't know what i would do without you.

Cheers Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Keith

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie

Thanks for getting back to me. have done all you have said but i am still not seeing home5ghz on my phone, tablet or my laptops so not sure whats going on.

Is there anything else i could try?

Thanks Again Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi keith94darklord

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you try a factory reset using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

You could then try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some phones operate better with just 1 channel selected. 

Log into the router  (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl

the changes have not made much differance, have tried changing channels my self but does not seem to change anything my Wi-Fi range is rubbish, now i have noticed my 5ghz is not sending any signal.

Please can you have another look as i don't know whats going on, had better connections and signal from my old router.

Thanks Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Keith

I've made some changes remotely, see if this is better.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes