FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO INTERNET 8041 router

ops026
Chat Champion
Message 29 of 29

Following a local outage yesterday afternoon, I have lost internet service. After checking the logs I find that the DSL is showing as disconnected.  I cannot re-establish a fibre35 connection with Talktalk. I have reset the router but to no effect and done a factory reset.

The line is active for telephone as this is still working. I have tried disconnecting the phone and removing the filter and connected directly to the DSL without success.

I think that the DSL link to my local exchange has been interrupted.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Brian

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Problem resolved. Problem was with Openreach exchange/cabinet, power outage took circuit down.

Brian

Message 3 of 29

Hi ops026

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Thanks Debbie, thats great.  Appreciated.

Message 5 of 29

Hi ops026

I understand, apologies again for the confusion.

I've checked again and the details are correct (sheringham) and I have changed the appointment to 31/07 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Will this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Debbie, the appointment Chris made was because he was confused about my availability. He tried to rearrange it for yesterday as I could not afford to wait that long. Unfortunately he sent them to the wrong location.

Can you confirm the appointment is for the correct location ,(Sheringham and not Roughton) and see if it can be changed to an earlier date.

Unfortunately it's a problem having two locations which is why I updated the private message. 

Can you also confirm that you have been testing the right location as my router is saying there is no DSL signal.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi ops026

Apologies for the confusion.

I've checked and the number ending 48, the engineer visit is showing as arranged for 03/08/2021 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Sorry about the confusion Chris, I have updated the private data. Hopefully this should be OK for the future and avoid any confusion.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

I thought you used profile number. Think I might have update private notes when I had a problem at the other location. 

Need to find a way of updating this to cover both locations!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

That would explain it. The number is in my profile and ends in 48. That is why I confirmed it was the Sheringham address in the text as I have two accounts. 

Brian

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry about this, looks as though the appointment failed when I changed the appointment date. Just to confirm, the line in question is the one in the private notes field, the one ending in 76?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi Chris, no sign of Openreach.

I will have to pop out between 2 and 3 but will be back then.

Brian

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29
0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Many thanks Chris, appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hi Brian,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - July 29 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Brian,

Apologies, I thought you were only available on a Tuesday and Wednesday PM - I'll try to rearrange for a sooner date

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Chris, any chance it could be sooner. I thought you wanted availability this week, apart from Tuesday and Wednesday this week as advised, I am  available anytime afterwards, am or pm. It was only an issue for those two days.

My internet is used for business and an struggling with the phone.

Brian

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi ops026,

I've booked the engineer for August 03 2021, PM, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi ops026

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Will accept engineer charges. Available Tuesday/Wednesday pm

0 Likes