FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO INTERNET 8041 router

ops026
Chat Champion
Message 29 of 29

Following a local outage yesterday afternoon, I have lost internet service. After checking the logs I find that the DSL is showing as disconnected.  I cannot re-establish a fibre35 connection with Talktalk. I have reset the router but to no effect and done a factory reset.

The line is active for telephone as this is still working. I have tried disconnecting the phone and removing the filter and connected directly to the DSL without success.

I think that the DSL link to my local exchange has been interrupted.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

ops026
Chat Champion
Message 21 of 29

Will accept engineer charges. 

Available on Tuesday/Wednesday pm

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

Hi ops026,

If you's like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Yes please Michelle. Just to confirm it is the Sheringham service as I have twlo accounts. Checked both modems again and they both say no signal on DSL.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. If there is still no connection at the test socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

Hi Debbie, the router has been reset to factory. Just to confirm you are testing the telephone line in my profile.

Regards

Brian

PS Tried it connected to the test socket, still no joy.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29

Hi ops026

Was this a planned maintenance email? Did it advise that you would be without service?

I have now tried a radius resync, please can you factory reset the router for ten seconds and let me know once the router has been switched back on?

Thanks

0 Likes

ops026
Chat Champion
Message 27 of 29

Thanks Debbie. I have tried another router which was working on fibre but this was the same. No VDSL connection.

I did get an email yesterday from talktalk saying that changes had been made in my area. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 29

Hi ops026

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test has not detected any faults but I can see that the line is not in sync.

Do you have another router that you can test with?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes