FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for daily router re-set

ColinH9
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Interesting that this subject seems a constant for TalkTalk, BUT because some (less than helpful) responder has said that I must start (yet) another post on the subject......

Why do we have to re-set the TalkTalk router every day? Voice on our land line is OK, but internet goes dramatically slowly unless router constantly re-set. Same happens with our Mac or PC's, side by side with router or in a different room....problem has got worse since beginning of September....

This has surely to be a specific problem with / for TalkTalk - their servers? - since friends using other ISP's don't report similar issues????

9 REPLIES 9

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 1 of 10

Hi ColinH9 

Im only a normal punter like yourself but these people on this forum are the good guys (honest) so give them a chance, I know the hassle over the phone can be a joke and can well understand your grief if you was to ring, but the forum guys and girls are ace.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 10

Oh and Debbie very much exists as a member of TalkTalk staff, made clear by her username and status. And she has feelings too I am sure as we all do. You would only be asked to send private information in private. As you said yourself, you don't want to be posting that publicly do you? 

Message 3 of 10

@ColinH9 wrote:

Will now spend time trying to get the attention of TalkTalk's shareholders.....

I really don't know what you even mean by that, you will try to contact shareholders of TalkTalk, who are a privately owned company, with a view to achieving what, exactly?

I realise it is frustrating when your service is not working as you would like, but honestly I don't know how you expect to progress things if you are not prepared to give those who are offering to help a chance to do so. 

Message 4 of 10

Hi Colin

Debbie has asked if you have been sent a replacement router. A yes or no answer will suffice, you do not need to post any personal information. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ColinH9
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

This is pure farce - IF Debbie exists, why on earth must she 'hide'? Where / how does one send so-called private messages? TalkTalk ought to be ashamed at this opaque, unprofessional website.

Will now spend time trying to get the attention of TalkTalk's shareholders.....

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi ColinH9

Private information should only be sent by Private Message.

Have you received a replacement router?

0 Likes

ColinH9
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

Anyone know how I reply to Debbie's question, without posting all our personal information publicly?

This forum set-up has to be most counter-intuitive I have ever come across.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi ColinH9

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

It is a constant amongst those who have a problem. The vast majority who do not tend not to bother posting.  And you will find similar issues reported across all ISPs. With individual support we can usually get the problem sorted.

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes