FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours can all get fibre but my house cant

BerrieM19
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 2

I have recently moved house and been told TalkTalk can only offer me broadband and not fibre - the checker tells me that I am not in a fibre area.  If I run the checker for neighbouring houses it says it is a fibre area, and that TalkTalk can offer 65MBps (I am currently getting 3-5MBps so keen to change!).

The engineer who came to do our installation advised we already have a fibre socket, and there is fibre to our street (he just did an install for someone else a few doors up).  He went and checked in the cabinet and has said there is about 200 free connections, and advised I should ring TalkTalk and ask for an upgrade. 

I have phoned TalkTalk twice, the first time I was advised I am not in a fibre area and its not possible to upgrade.  The second time I was told there is no free fibre due to demand and it can't be offered - this isnt in line with what the engineer told us, so I am wondering if something is wrong with their database?

Any help or advice appreciated!

Thanks

Ellie

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi Ellie,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes