FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net dcs for 1-2 secs every night at same time (22:44)

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 44 of 44

For mayve 1 or 2 seconds evey night on the dot at 22:44 it stops. Router doesnt reset / turn off. Its like it lags for a second. Been going on maybe 4 or 5 days now.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44
0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 2 of 44

Okay I will check back later tonight with the results from my other device.

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 3 of 44

Sorry, I don't know, as I've said I can't see any indication that your Internet connection is being interrupted at the times you've specified. If it's only happening on one device then it could possibly be something running in the background on the device causing the issue. 

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 4 of 44

Okay so what do you think the issue could be, that something is giving me package loss for 2-3 seconds at both 10:44 am and 10:44 pm every day for the last 4 days? what else could it be? its obviously something scheduled. 

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 5 of 44

I don't think either of these are likely 

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 6 of 44

Could it also be a scheduled job occurring at 10:44am and PM on some device upstream of me?

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 7 of 44

Is it possible my router is doign a DHCP release every 12 hours automatically somehow?

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

OK thanks. If we can confirm that it's happening on more than one device that would be helpful

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 9 of 44

To be honest, I haven't checked more than my main PC. I will check my laptop tonight at 22:44 and record the data as well. If it doesn't also happen with that, then I guess the issue is somehow related to my PC. 

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

I can't think of a fault with the router that would cause you to lose connection at the same time every day and if tests are being run every day causing disconnections (which seems very unlikely) we would still expect to see this reflected in the real time data, which it isn't

Have you noticed if you experience the issue on more than one device when it happens?

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 11 of 44

Chris is it possible my router is just old and faulty? Or an engineer is running tests on my area/line at this time every day/night. Can someone please get to the bottom of this??

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 12 of 44

Ethernet. I havent checked my laptop but i will do so tonight at 22:44.

I know it sounds stupid. But i can promise chris that on the dot at 22:44 and 10:44 both times it happens routinely. It simply cannot be a coincedence at this point. 4 days in a row of it happening at the same 2 times per day...

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Do you experience the disconnections on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 14 of 44

I'm so confused the Chris. As it just happened 1 5minutes ago at 10:44 am and it happened 10:44 last night and has been happening for the last 3-4 days. Are you suggesting perhaps my problem is not the internet but my computers connection to the internet? As I said its only a very brief lag for 5 seconds or so.

Any idea what this could possibly be? 

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Hello,

I've checked the realtime data on the Openreach website, this shows errors and unavailable seconds every 15 minutes. It doesn't show any unavailable seconds or significant errors yesterday. It shows unavailable seconds on the 15th but at around 10pm not 10:44.

On the 13th and 14th it doesn't show any unavailable seconds at anytime during the day (and no significant errors

(The disconnection earlier could have been me running the tests)

So there's nothing that I can see affecting your internet connection at the times you specify

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 16 of 44

Okay, so its getting interesting now. 10:44 AM and it happened a moment ago. So 10:44 AM AND PM on the DOT its happening. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? Its so weird

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 17 of 44

hello?

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 18 of 44

Dunno why it is still failing. I unplugged it all including the faceplate to the main socket. As for the engineer, do I need to pay for this? And could I get a confirmation or atleast some sort of "maybe" as to my earlier question in the thread? 

@Ballofire wrote:
I checked the talktalks service status website and it said that they are doing maintenance in york between 12-27th May and that your services could go down for approx 1 minute when it happens but like I said mine goes down at a very seemingly scheduled time and only for a very very brief moment. Also I don't live in york, I live on the other side of the UK.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

also I don't want to derail this entire thing. But my issue is my internet lags very very briefly at 22:44 exactly every night. I am not exaggerating this. If i'm on a voice or video call I DC. If i'm on a game my ping spikes from 5ms to 5000 ms for 1-5 seconds. Then back to normal. Can you please clarify if the work being done in york could possibly be affecting my services at that time. 

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

Line test is still failing with the loop fault so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Ballofire
Team Player
Message 20 of 44

Okay thanks

Thomas Hanley
0 Likes