FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Security Key

Clunty
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi

I am hoping someone can help. None of my devices seem to be connected to the wi fi now and my laptop is asking for the network security key.  How can I get back on track?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this up again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Clunty,

Is your Wi-Fi network name actually listed on your devices for you to be able to try to connect to it ?

Do you have any devices connected 'wired', if so are they working ok ?

The Wi-Fi network name and password should be on a label or pull out card on the back of the router. Assuming you have never changed the network name or password then those details should work.

If you factory reset the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds then that will definitely reset the Wi-Fi network name and password to those shown on the back of the router (but do be aware that a factory reset will lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.