FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not pairing

Tedley14
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

I have just upgraded to Fibre 65 and had a pair of extenders which both worked ok downstairs but wanted to use my tv box in the bedroom but when using extender powerline light not working - contacted talktalk and they sent new extenders - same problem so they sent network connectors said they would work but still no powerline light - power/wifi and ethernet lights all ok just not pairing so no catch up tv in bedroom -'all sockets on same circuit and router directly underneath bedroom - have tried all talktalks suggestions as in resets etc so any more suggestions welcome before I ring them again bearing in mind I am not very technically minded - hope all the above makes sense - thanks in advance 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 27

Prego.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27
Hi hubby says doesn't want to mess with fuse box just knows that when ALL sockets is turned off NO sockets upstairs or downstairs work and the cooker and garage are on seperate fuses - when can afford to get an electrician in will get them to check everything but not imperative I watch catch up tv in bedroom just annoying when talktalk said these adapters would definitely work - thanks everyone for trying to help though but seems nothing I can do personally is going to work!
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 27

Prego.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27
WOW thats a lot to take in....haha
Fuse box still marked up from when we moved in just never changed it - will get round to it one day!
Might take a few days to sort through suggestions as hubby working away but will get back as and when I can - thanks
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 27

Hi

OK.

Well we can see that the Consumer Unit is poorly/badly marked.

1  Kitchen Sockets?

2  ALL sockets?

3  Cooker???

4  Lights Downstairs

5  Lights Upstairs

6   C/H and Alarm

7   Garage

8   Looks used and not spare.

Circuit 8 has 2 REDS in it, indicative of a RING MAIN, as is the 32 A rating of the MCB.

Circuits 3 and 4 appear to have 2+ RED wires each.  Suggestive of sockets.

A cooker circuit could be a SINGLE large capacity RED, rated at 32 or 45 A and be 6 or 10 mm cable.

"Yes all sockets both up and down are on same fuse/mcb"

""Yes all on same circuit - checked and where all trip switches are there is only one marked ALL SOCKETS""

Agreed you do have an MCB stating all sockets, but it doesn't say which 'ALL' sockets.

ALL excluding the Kitchen, any sockets in the Garage etc etc.

So turn off Circuit Breaker no 8 and find out what, if any effect it has.

Similarly isolate the Cooker circuit and note its effect.

Next isolate the Kitchen sockets.

This leaves the ALL Sockets MCB still active, check how many are active.

Garage, C/H and Lights should not be turned off as they should not be involved in this search, and may cause problems.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

The big adapters with sockets are the first ones that replaced my original ones and the smaller network ones are the latest ones sent - sorry about pic of fuse box but fridge in way !!

IMG_20210304_160411.jpg

IMG_20210304_160431.jpg

IMG_20210304_160456.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27
Sorry not up on all these forum thing - will take pics tonight and see if I can upload them
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 27

Hi

I was rather hoping for a coupla pictures by now so that a new train of thought could begin in my little brain box.

One of the fuse box and one of the adapters.

But heyho, over and out.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27
Hi
Yes all sockets both up and down are on same fuse/mcb
Its looking like I'll never be able to watch catch up tv in my bedroom

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 27

Hi Tedley14

Are both adapters on the same ring main?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Chris 

Thanks for getting in touch - if the PLA are in the same room they connect but if out of the same room just won't pair up - I have even bought a plug in socket tester and tested every socket in the house and it is reading every socket as working correctly so can't see it being a wiring problem so like you am even more confused!! 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi Tedley14,

If this is happening with 2 different sets of PLA's then it does look as though it's a problem with the wiring. If you move the PLA's back to their original location do they still work?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Thank you - you have been very helpful - I can't see it being a problem with the wiring as everything in the house works as it should (then again I'm no electrician) it's just so frustrating - I await the reply from talktalk 🙂

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

That is very weird, I would then tend to think that there is something wrong with your mains wiring, unless you have been very unlucky & there is still something wrong with the replacement set of extenders.

Short of getting an electrician in, let me ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27
Hi
Yes already checked mcbs etc and the sockets upstairs and downstairs are all on one - I am getting to the stage where I'm beginning to think I'll never be able to watch catch up tv in the bedroom 😭

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi @Tedley14 

If you have a look at your electric consumer unit (fuse box or RCD circuit breakers). You will see that there will be marked one fuse/circuit breaker for the upstairs lights & another for the downstairs ones. If you look at ones labelled power, do you just have one, or is there one for upstairs & another for downstairs? This will prove if you are trying to use them on separate eclectic ring circuits.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 27

Hi

As far as age goes I trump you.

However I am befuddled by ""extender powerline""  a link and/or a picture would help tremendously so I know what if anything to say.

OR  

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Wireless-Powerline-adapter-guide/ta-p/2205428

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-problem-with-your-wireless-Powerline-adapters/ta-...

Factory Reset perhaps

Press the reset button - using a safety pin or something similar - on each adapter for 10 seconds whilst they are plugged in. Then pair the adapters again using the steps above.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27
Hi that has just totally gone over my 63yr old female head....haha
Just needed a simple (like me!) explanation but thank you for trying to help - at the end of the day all I want to do is watch catch up tv in my bedroom when I'm feeling off colour - I have even moved my router from the room to the bottom of the stairs but they still won't pair up
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 27

Hi

There are things I would consider...

https://www.devolo.co.uk/support/faq#c29855

Can I use devolo products even if I have different electrical circuits in my house?

Yes, devolo products also work if you have multiple circuits (phases) in the house. You do not have to modify the mains supply, such as by installing a phase coupler.

What are the prerequisites for using dLAN®? Where are the limits?

dLAN® works throughout the entire mains supply network of the house or apartment, regardless of whether the building is old or new. Of course, the network has to be on the same wiring, and the wire length must not exceed 300 meters. However, different phases are not a problem. Power meters attenuate the signal strongly, but do not necessarily block it.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27
Sorry for late replies but not getting any notification that I've had any replies so having to log in every now and then to see anything which is a bit of a pain 😞
0 Likes