FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network ports on eero pro 6

CaltorStorm
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I've just ordered Future Fibre 500 and it comes with the eero pro 6. How many network ports does this have? I have the TalkTalk wifi hub at the moment and I use all 4 ports for devices located near the router which I plug in directly, such as a powerline adapter, my playstation and TV etc.

Looking online it looks like eeros come with only 2 ports. When I asked the Talktalk sales rep on the phone he said he thought the pro comes with 4 but he didn't sound very convinced or convincing and I think he was guessing. Does anybody know for sure? If it's only 2 then I will probably need to buy a small gigabit switch.

Thanks

Darren

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

you did exactly the right thing.

The Eero comes with 2 Gbe ports.
One is used to connect to the BT Modem leaving you with one single Gbe port.
plug that into your switch and your good to go.

I have 3 of the Eero units to provide a mesh wifi network and it works really really well.
My laptop and family iPhones are all able to get the full speed of my G.FAST 150mb service over wifi.

Message 2 of 7

Hi CaltorStorm,

Thanks for the update, hope you enjoy your new Future Fibre service 🙂

Chris

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

Cool, do let us know how you get on.  🙂

CaltorStorm
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

Thank you both. I've bought a small 5 port gigabit switch from Amazon which I will plug into the eero. Only cost a tenner. Most of my devices support wifi but there is the odd one (or four! 😀) that I have found to be more reliable and/or faster over copper. I'm super excited waiting for my Future Fibre 500 to come and I'll see how the wifi compares over the copper then as the eero seems to have a really good reputation.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi

ferguson is correct, only 2 ethernet ports. but it does have good wifi if any of your devices can connect wireless.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

It is an Amazon product, look it up there. As far as I can see they how two gigabit Ethernet ports, presumably on the basis that they are intended to be primarily used as part of a wireless mesh system. As you say you could always use a switch if you need more ports.