FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract Email

NitaRoze
Chat Champion
Message 16 of 16

Hi

My First Problem...

My contract is due to run out on 24th February 2022

On Saturday 29th January I received an email from Talk Talk offering me a range of new contracts.

I decided to go for this one...

TT For Now.JPG

So I clicked the link and got taken to this...

TT For Now 2.JPG

Another Page Opened Saying This...

TT For Now 3.JPG

Then nothing happened!

No email, nothing. I've waited the 10 working days and more. But it's as though I never clicked that button. I've clicked it again today. But I don't believe it will work.

In my account when I click my offers & upgrades the price is very different....

TT For Now 6.JPG

Is this why the email button doesn't work?

Because Talk Talk is trying to get me to pay more?

My Second Problem...

A few weeks ago I un-ticked the Phone Boost box. Because £14 is too much money.

Today when I signed into my account ( my offers & upgrades ) offered me this...

TT For Now 4.JPG

I clicked the button and I'm taken to this....

TT For Now 5.JPG

Not £5, But £7. 

I feel like Talk Talk is playing dirty tricks.

Can someone please help me to get what Talk Talk is offering, but doesn't appear to be actually giving. 

Thank You!

Nita
15 REPLIES 15

Message 2 of 16

Hi Arne

Thank You So Much!

With just about everything going up at the moment. Every penny counts. At least I can now stop worrying about my broadband and phone for a while. 

Thank You!

Nita

Message 3 of 16

Hi @NitaRoze

The £5 boost is now active, 

In relation to the bill amount, you bill is fully itemized, as you have renewed there are few refunds for last months payments

Going forward it will be £23.95 + £5

Regards

Message 4 of 16

Hi Arne

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi @NitaRoze

Leave this with me, ill investigate and come back to you with an answer. 

Regards

Message 6 of 16

Hi Arne-Talk Talk

Just checked my account again. And suddenly I don't owe £19.12 anymore. 

Well not just yet...

TT For Now 13.JPG

This morning the amount was £41 pound something. And was due to be paid on the 28th February.

The ( You Owe Us Money ) messages have now all disappeared.

But I still can't add the £5 Phone Boost myself. So If you could please help me with this one last problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 16

@NitaRoze, @Arne-TalkTalk will clarify everything for you.

Remember that the phone boost must be kept for one month before you cancel it, but that's the only sense that it comes with a "contract".

However, if you remove it at any later stage and then want it reinstated, you can't guarantee getting as good a deal at the time, so it will probably be worth keeping it. It covers the vast majority of calls. Check the exceptions carefully. 

Bear in mind that the cost of individual calls without the boost clocks up alarmingly quickly these days:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/ukcallcosts

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Again Arne-Talk Talk

I have just found this in my Account...

TT For Now 11.JPG

I just don't know how or why I owe it. What is it for?

I did get an email about Talk Talk TV yesterday afternoon. But as far I know, I haven't signed up for Talk Talk TV. 

Could it be a new Router?

When the man read the T&C's he was very fast. And every 10 seconds or so. It was like a blank in the phone line. But I never heard him say anything about £19.12. And he never asked for any money. I'm totally confused.

If I owe it... I will pay it! But I would like to know what it is for first.

Thank You

Nita
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Arne-Talk Talk

I have sent you a PM.

I also have another problem now. I put it in the PM. I'm hoping it's just because my next Talk Talk bill is due to be taken on the 28th of this month. I just can't see how it could be anything else. Please help me.

Thank You!

PS. This forum is confusing me because reply's seem to appear in any order. Not the newest at the bottom.

Nita
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi @NitaRoze

I can help with the boost issue,  I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Skynet_TX

Phoned Up!

But the Talk Talk phone number has now changed to: 0345 172 0088

I told the automated voice: Loyalty Team

I was put through and spoke to the Loyalty Team

The Loyalty Team then put me through to the Retention's Team

Thankfully I have now renewed my contract ( Fibre 65 ) for 18 moths for £23.95 per month

I asked the man about my Phone Boost problem. But he said he wouldn't be able to help me with that today. He said he will phone me back tomorrow. Hopefully I will then be able to get my £5 ( No Contract ) phone boost sorted out.

Thank You! 

Nita

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 16

The best thing to do would be to call the Loyalty Team on 0345 172 0046 next week. They will be able to sort things out for you, and it is quite possible they may be able to arrange an even better deal than you have been offer so far.

When you call that number you will have to listen to some recorded messages, but when it asks what you are calling for just ask for the loyalty team.

They should be able to advise on the Phone Boost query too.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Skynet_TX

I think I clicked the wrong Reply button. As I'm sure my second post should have appeared below yours.

Sorry for that. 

Thank You!

Nita
0 Likes

NitaRoze
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 16

Hi

My package is still saying the same thing...

TT For Now 7.JPG

I don't know what to do!

I can't afford the huge raise when the contract runs out. But obviously I don't want to pay £27.50 if I should only be paying £24.00.

Actually!

Today it's gone down to £26.00....

TT For Now 8.JPG

That is still £2 more than £24.00 though. And I've got to think about how much the price might go up in April.

Plus I don't want to pay £7.00 and an 18 month contract for phone calls. When I've been offered £5 and no contract.

Please can someone help me?

Nita
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @NitaRoze,

In 'My Account', when you check your current package, does it still show your end date as this February, or has the end date now changed to indicate you have taken out a new contract.

I'm assuming it will say this Feb seeing as you are still seeing upgrade offers in My Account, but worth double checking just in case it did renew but you just didn't get that confirmation email.

0 Likes