FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre 150 router poor connectivity and unstable packet loss while gaming

szechuany
Participant
Message 10 of 10

Hi, our household has recently upgraded to the Fibre 150 package, the download and upload speeds are fine, for the first few days everything was perfectly normal. However, now i am recently experiencing a lot of packet loss and poor connectivity even while placing it in a higher surface (poor wifi signal - cant reach downstairs). Is it possible to request a new router?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Hi szechuany,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test is detecting a possible line fault. Please can you send me a Private Message confirming the name on the account or add this to the Private Notes section of your Community profile and we can raise this over for investigation. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi, yes it occurs on my PC, connected to the ethernet cable, I have tried resetting my router and it has solved the problem for a week, however the packet loss is occuring again, I am also experiencing my internet going down occasionally.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Hi szechuany,

Thanks for the update. Do you also experience the packet loss if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

When viewing in-game statistics, packet loss % jumps to 100% then down to 0%

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi, i have turned on the phone line and have checked that it isnt the voice fault. The connectivity of the wifi has been fixed, however there is still packet loss while gaming

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi szechuany,

Do you have a phone that you could test to check if there is a dial tone or any noise on the line as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10
Hi, there may be no dial tone due to the telephone not being connected, the problems i encounter are on the PC through ethernet while browsing and gaming;. I will try to do the two troubleshoots and let you know if the problem is solved 🙂

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi szechuany,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has detected a possible voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Do you experience any performance issues and latency if you connect wired? Have you tried a few different wireless channels and also tried separating the SSID's?

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @szechuany have you tried Split your router's SSID (wireless network name) ?

your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.