FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Broadband slower than standard

jfmarkham
Team Player
Message 29 of 29

Just had my connection upgraded to fibre broadband. Download speed now 10Mbps before I was getting 15Mbps. My upload speed has increased from 1Mbps to 5Mbps.

Not what I was expecting or paid extra money for?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

OK thanks. Can you just confirm that when you disconnected the hubs you rebooted the router afterwards

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

One socket. I have a lights and heating hubs connected to the router. Before you ask I have tried disconnecting those and it makes no difference.

all this started when I upgraded from TalkTalk fast broadband to fibre broadband.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

HI jfmarkham

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

I'm still getting between 12-15mbps download and 5mbps upload. Wireless speedtest.

Still nowhere the minimum speed promised for fibre broadband.

Streaming videos continually stutter.

Plus we have no tv and movie boosts working. Whereas before upgrade they did.

I wished we had not upgraded from fast broadband to fibre as I am paying more money for less.

What is next step as it cannot go on like this.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi jfmarkham,

Ok thanks for confirming this. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection looks stable at the moment. What speeds are you currently receiving? Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29
Not rebooted router, how do I know if connection is dropping.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi jfmarkham

There are re connections showing on the line, is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29
Any update to my post last Thursday?
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi jfmarkham

Thanks for your reply. If the landline is now clear of noise then we can focus on the BB fault.

There are re connections showing on the line, is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hello,

have tested line, seems fine.

still getting 12mbps download and 5mbps upload.

also just noticed after switching to fibre I no longer have my extra tv and movie boosts working. There is an error code IPC6023z

how can we get this sorted, I am now paying extra for fibre that doesn’t work and now my boosts don’t work.

i wish I had never upgraded!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi jfmarkham

Do you have a corded handset that you could test with?

It would be worth testing the phone at the test socket, with a microfilter and with the router removed from the line. This will help rule out the router causing the noise.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Cordless phone

Yes I used a microfilter.

No I did not remove router. Nobody told me to so why would I know it was supposed to?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi jfmarkham

Thanks for your reply.

You should not hear static noise on the line. Did you test with a corded or cordless handset? Did you also use a microfilter and test with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Hi I have rung out from the line to my mobile and the other way. The line I quite clear but with some static.

I am still getting download speeds of approx 12mbps and upload of 5mbps.

So upload is 5x faster with the fibre line but my downloads are the same if not slower.

Nowhere near the guaranteed download speeds mentioned by TalkTalk and not what I am paying for.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

I'll see what I can do.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Hi jfmarkham,

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

The OCE has already tested the line remotely.

Now YOU need to plug in a handset and see if you have a dial tone, any extraneous noise on the line and the ability to make and receive calls.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi, thanks for reply. How do you plan to test the line. John.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 29

Hi jfmarkham,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Would it be possible to test the voice service for any noise on the line/no dial tone as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection?

Thanks

0 Likes