FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Modem/Router

CliffW
Team Player
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I have been with Talk talk for about 11 years at my flat.

I just had a BT engineer knock to test my line. He then asked why I still had a BT Open reach Modem connected to my router. 

I have a Netgear router connected to the Open Reach modem as I needed 1Gb connection speeds over my LAN, and the router I was supplied with by you years ago was only 100Mb.

Anyway, to cut a long story short he said I should have the new Talk Talk modem?

So my question is, how come I have not been sent a new modem when I renewed my contract?

Many Thanks

Cliff W

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

I assume that you mean the new TalkTalk WiFi Hub, which does have four Gigabit LAN ports. This normally has to be purchased from TalkTalk unless you negotiated a discounted previously for the hub when renewing your contract.

If you have proof that you did negotiate this, then I will pass it on to the OCEs for you. However, if not & you want to buy one, discuss this with the loyalty team to see what discounts that they may be prepared to offer you.

More details on the Wi-Fi Hub:-

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/wifiHub

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?