FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router Required!

Holibobs21
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

We've recently upgraded to the faster fibre which worked fine at first. But over the past week the internet has been dropping out and for quite some time. We've had a Openreach engineer out who has replaced what he called 'everything' including new modem, socket and filer, cables, and new ports at the box on the road. He mentioned that our line in is working fine, and that we are not far from the box in the road, so the connection should be pretty good. But it's not......

The only other thing he recommended was to change our router. We were given this one a few years ago when we first signed up to Talk Talk. Since his visit, the internet is still dropping and causing us a lot of issues. We're having to work from home because of self isolating, and we've lost nearly a week in down time and waiting for engineers visits, which is all unpaid.
Please can we have a replacement router asap, as i'm hoping this will sort the issue. If you need any other information please let me know.

Many thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Holibobs21

Our Products Team are aware of the DNS issue and the next firmware release for the router should resolve this issue.

The firmware is in testing at the moment but once it's been fully tested then it will be rolled out to all Sagemcom WIFI hubs.

Thanks

Debbie

Holibobs21
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

@Ste_Nix14  Thanks so much for this info, really interesting. I’ve not heard of a dns bug before (but I’m not tech savvy!). How is it fixed, software update?

I’ll try a wired connection today and feedback activity 👍👍

Message 3 of 9
0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

@Holibobs21without further investigating whether it is solely wired or wireless etc, it could of potentially been a DNS bug which the Sagemcom alone has. Dropouts are common symtom though it seems there is no Internet there is but it acts if there isn't. The tell tell sign of this is when your experiencing a dropout both wireless and wired, the  LED would remain white.

Great news though @Debbie-TalkTalk had arranged a new Hub for you. FYI there is a new firmware to be released soon which addresses this bug - just incase you get another one.

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

Holibobs21
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalk  thank you so much. Honestly felt like the call handlers wouldn’t believe me today. Would be great to try a different router and see it that’s what’s causing it. The engineer seems to think this could be the case.  I will let you know how we get on. 

Many thanks

0 Likes

Holibobs21
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

@Ste_Nix14  thanks for the reply. We don’t use wired connections anymore, everything seems to be wifi! 

Had a couple of stressful calls with Talk Talk today, telling me lines look fine, but we had no internet. We’re supposed to be on the super dooper new fiber 🙄

The lights aren’t changing on the modem or router, but the connection just randomly drops out. 

We went through resetting it today, and powering off, unplugging all the leads to work out how they all go back in!! Internet came back on but has been dropping out this evening. 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Holibobs21

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Does the connection also drop on wired devices?

What hub do you have and What are the light(s) displaying when the connection has 'dropped'?

If you ensure your profile is filled in with your details a member of staff will be able to locate your account and assist you.

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!