FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router

Alib22
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Recently upgraded to fibre 65, said I would get a new router? When will this arrive? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Alib22

Sorry for the delay.

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

@jon_c78 I've just replied to the topic you created

0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 7

I have been advised I am getting a new router for fibre 65 (am currently on fasterfibre) and fibre directly to the house from openreach!?

Why

Jon
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Ok, the Huawei HG633 is actually a pretty decent router, I used one for many years too. The HG633 fully supports Fibre 65, so getting a new router would not really make any difference to the speed the router connects to the service. The only real benefit of one of the new routers compared to the HG633 is that the Wi-Fi coverage of the newer Wi-Fi Hubs does tend to be a bit better. For example my HG633 could not get a good Wi-Fi signal to a room at the other end of my house, but now I'm using a new Wi-Fi Hub (located in exactly the same place as I had my HG633) I now get a decent Wi-Fi signal in that room.

The staff here will hopefully be able to respond tomorrow.

0 Likes

Alib22
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply.  The information is very badly worded yes.

My router is super old one provided by Talk Talk years ago. A HG633.  I am an existing customer. 

I have updated my profile as instructed and will wait for someone to look into this further.

Thanks.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Alib22,

Were you already a TalkTalk customer before. If so, and you already have a router that fully supports Fibre 65, then you will not get sent a new router automatically. I know some of the marketing info does kind of give the impression that you will, it is not very well worded and that really applies to brand new customers.

However if you were having any issues with your router then the staff here would be able to help, what model of router do you currently have ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.