FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sagemcom-FAST5364 router not working well with wired network HP printer

adamitech
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Hi Team,

The new Sagemcom-FAST5364 router is not working well with my older Wired HP 4050 TN network printer which has a static IP address assigned to it. The printer's Default Gateway and DNS is pointing out to the router IP within the same subnet. This basic wired tested network set-up worked for me for years and I can't point any fault on it. I'm running like a mad-man swapping router when I have to print anything out as my old router is no longer working with the Fibre FTTC Internet and the new one is not always detecting my printer is on the network. Have anyone of you seen such an issue with this new Sagem router? Is this is the bug which is reported already to the router vendor? Other Wired connections on DHCP work well. This printer can't be on DHCP as it does not have that functionality built-in. The DHCP range set in a router is not touching the printer static IP assigned. 

On some weird occasions, I can see the Sagem router seeing the Printer interface is up and the printer works then, it's not shown as a connected device in GUI in other places. Most of the time printer interface is shown as down. I've never seen such a problem with any other routers I've used. See the Port 2 in PDF attached. It was up and went down for an unknown reason for now again and it will stay there forever until the magic happens and Sagem router will see it again. 

Please help me out and provide some suggestions. 

Adam
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Adam

glad to hear the new router resolved the issue.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Many thanks for sending the Huawei DG8041W router. This one work straight away with everything (including the wired printer) as expected! 🙂 It must be some bug in these Sagem firmware. I will post the other one back once I complete a few more tests. It may work well for someone else who is only using WiFi connections and prefers simplier GUI 

Many Thanks!

Adam

Adam
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi adamitech

No problem 🙂

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

I've updated my details so you can easily find my account now. Many thanks for helping me out 🙂

Adam

Message 5 of 8

Hi adamitech

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,
I'm more than happy to test this out with Huawei router supporting Fibre35 (FTTC). Please post it to me. Hopefully, my wired printer will work then.

Adam
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi adamitech

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not aware of any issues.

Would you like me to send a Huawei hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie