FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Talktalk router connectivity

MarkP5
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hi I've had two Google points on my Draytek130 working fine for a few years, I lost network during the infrastructure cable upgrade yesterday, and now can only get network installing the new talktalk router, and unable to connect my Google devices, would appreciate some help or direction.

Mark Porter
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Thanks for updating your profile Mark - look forward to hearing how you get on with Keith's suggestions

Chris

0 Likes

MarkP5
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Oh OK, I'll try it and let you know, much appreciated. 

Mark Porter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 11

That is because Fibre 35 & 65 is FTTC so the service is delivered from the fibre cabinet via the copper cables to your home. If your new TalkTalk works & the Draytek doesn't, it makes me wonder if the Draytek has an inbuilt modem that is compatible with VDSL2 fibre. It might if you do a factory default of the Draytek's configuration.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

MarkP5
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

Yes that's their plan but I still have a pair of 60 Yr old copper  wires from the street cab so don't know how that's gonna work??

Mark Porter
0 Likes

MarkP5
First Timer
Message 5 of 11

All done. 

Mark Porter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 11

I assume then that you have just gone over to fibre from the old ADSL? Is the modem in your Draytek router VDSL2 compatible for TalkTalk fibre?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 11

OK thanks Mark, could you update your profile please 

Chris

0 Likes

MarkP5
First Timer
Message 8 of 11

Hiya no residential, this is the new fibre 35 rollout, in progress, was more than happy with my own system but lost network during their upgrade work yesterday, so installed their kit but can't get my Two devices onto the network and one of them is for the office at the end of the garden. 

Mark Porter
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi MarkP5,

Could you please answer Keith's question and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

What exactly was this upgrade, are you a TalkTalk Business customer?

Keith