FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WiFi hub?

Paulefc
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

I get fibre 500 installed on the 14th and when I originally ordered this on the phone the staff member advised me I would get a new router before the engineer came to install the fibre. However I received an email from talktalk saying that they can see I have a WiFi router and the engineer will use that to install the broadband.

I'm confused to which one is correct, if I don't need a new router fair enough. I just don't want to find out on installation day that I've got the wrong equipment 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

The number is 03451720074 

Message 2 of 12

@Paulefc , OK, could you let me know the number either here or by Private Message.

I keep a list of useful numbers just in case I can help other members.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
I've got an 0345 number for direct to the fibre team. I'll ring them at 9. Thanks for the help and advice
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

@Paulefc  

I have found this number in my "TT notes" book

0800 049 6253

Worth a try as it's free.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

The OCEs on this forum do not normally have access to future fibre currently, although that may change at some point.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

@Paulefc I am only a customer and not sure if staff here can deal with router requests for Future Fibre.

I believe there is a dedicated number for the Future Fibre team, which hopefully you have in your order documentation, so best to call them as the other call centres do not seem to be very knowledgeable on Future Fibre.

Staff will be back here tomorrow but you may not get a reply for a day or so due to the weekend backlog.

A Community Star may have better info, @ferguson or @KeithFrench , any ideas ?

Message 7 of 12

Okay thanks. Will I have to telephone them tomorrow or will the staff on here be able to organise the new router? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

@Paulefc  you need a new router.

Your current model only has 100 Mbps LAN ports so that will severely limit you for wired connections on Fibre 500.

From what I can find, it does not have a WAN port either which is required for the connection to the modem that will be fitted.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

It's a D-link model Dsl 3782 super router

0 Likes

Kimhw75
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Hi, I had an engineer out last week as I've been having probs with my phone line and WiFi speed. He said my router, Huawei hg633, is out of date and I should have got a new one when I upgraded. Insist on a new one if you've had yours a while.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 11 of 12

Exactly what model router/HUB do you have ?

0 Likes