FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wifi Router Lost Power Suddenly

mayonez
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

Last night, my wifi router suddenly lost power. It has been losing connection randomly a few times a day and then all of a sudden it completely drops out and I notice I have no power light at all, I unplug it etc and restart it and it works again BUT only after a couple of taps on the side.

Sometimes I have to press the power off/on button several times until I can get the power light to come back on. The sockets are all fine, they work with other electrical items etc. After a couple of gentle taps, it starts working again.

The router is only a few weeks old and the connections are firm, its never been unplugged or even touched since installed.

Worried, it'll do this during the week when I am working from home due to COVID restrictions so desperately need help...

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi mayonez

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

That would be wonderful, thanks!

Also, do you have a guide explaining how to transfer router settings from the broken one to the replacement, when it arrives?

Cheers,

.../M...

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi mayonez

Apologies for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

It's the Chat Now option, fairly low down on the page, @mayonez.

Disable ad blockers, enable pop ups or try a different browser if you continue to have problems. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

mayonez
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi there, 

Many thanks for your response, however there is no Live Chat option for me to click on. when I use your link.

I hope someone picks this up early on Monday as I am now out of options...

Cheers,

.../M...

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @mayonez,

If the router is having power issues then the staff here will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you need them.