FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, frequent connection drops

oibara
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody was able to help. I switched from Plusnet to Talktalk at the start of the month (Fibre 65), and ever since I've had internet outages pretty much every day. Originally I thought it was just the connection settling down, but it's quite consistent and it's been three weeks now. I didn't have the problem with my previous provider, and the line seems to be fine; I'm getting similar Event Log details to some other people (see below), and I think they mostly solved their issue by getting a third-party router sent to them by Talktalk support. Would this be a good step to take now? I've done the usual of plugging into master socket, resetting, etc., and the Live Chat support found no issues on the line either.

2022-05-19 15:08:22 |INFO|WIFI|[32:f5:38:c6:49:aa]-TALKTALK665C68(5G):recv DISASSOC(STA deauth leaving or has left),RSSI:-67,StaMode:14,StaNum:3
2022-05-19 15:08:22 |INFO|WIFI|[32:f5:38:c6:49:aa]-TALKTALK665C68(5G):DISASSOC(disassociate from the AP)
2022-05-19 15:11:03 |INFO|WIFI|[f0:c8:14:3e:2d:0f]-TALKTALK665C68(2.4G):recv AUTH request
2022-05-19 15:11:03 |INFO|WIFI|[f0:c8:14:3e:2d:0f]-TALKTALK665C68(2.4G):send DISASSOC(STA disassoc leaving or has left),RSSI:-52,StaMode:8,StaNum:2
2022-05-19 15:11:03 |INFO|WIFI|[f0:c8:14:3e:2d:0f]-TALKTALK665C68(2.4G):DISASSOC(disassociate from the AP)

Thanks in advance if anybody is able to help.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this, thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 2 of 15

Hi all,

Just a note to confirm that I've received and set up the new router (I forget the full model No. but it's a 'FAST') and tested it by uploading things while using the net/downloading/speedtesting, and it looks to have sorted the issue. Thanks very much to everybody for your prompt help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 4 of 15

Thanks Karl, Michelle and Skynet - will let you guys know how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi

router ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 6 of 15

Hi Michelle,

I think that would be a good thing to try, yes - thank you. I've seen that it's worked for some other people with the same 'disassoc' errors to do with uploading, so fingers crossed. In the meantime I can keep trying different channels in case I get lucky.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

Would you like us to send a different router for testing purposes to see how this compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 8 of 15

Hi Michelle,

I've tried moving the devices between 2.4 and 5Ghz and also switching between three different channels (I used the ones suggested in a TalkTalk guide) and the same issue occurs - everything is fine, but when I upload material for work, or save Cloud files, everything drops until the upload is complete. I was just uploading a 150mb file, and the upload continues while all devices (including the uploading device) cannot connect to any websites, and lose connection for chat etc. It seems like using Upstream in some way stops all Downstream until it's over. This happens on all the different channels and bands.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hello,

Ok please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 10 of 15

Hi Michelle,

I just had the wireless drop (right after trying to upload some files for work, so uploading seems to be the trigger as I've seen in some other threads here) and tested the wired connection, which was still OK. I think it's possible that the 5GHz channel is dropping and not the 2.4GHz because the only thing that stays on is a wireless security camera we have, which I noticed says it can't use 5GHz networks. I'll see if I can switch to that and let you know what happens.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which is clear and the connection does look stable. Have you tried a few different wireless channels to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

oibara
First Timer
Message 12 of 15

Thank you Skynet and Michelle - I have updated now. The first number is my unused landline number and the second is my mobile.

The router model is a Huawei DG8041W-2.T5. I think you're right that it is the WiFi dropping across all devices rather than the connection, as I can remember the light stays solid. I'm waiting for it to happen this morning, and when it does I'll go down with a laptop and quickly try to connect via wired to see if it's still up. The router hub Uptime suggests that it hasn't lost connection (before I reset the router it said 6 days uptime despite the drops I experienced) so I think it probably is to do with the WiFi.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @oibara,

What model of router do you have ?

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes