FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, poor bandwidth

DanielHill1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I recently signed up to Fibre 65 as a new customer. The new router has to still be very close to our computers to get a reasonable connection; even then I still have to use an extender.

Download speed is appalling. We are getting 1mbps most of the time to download a game. My internet totally disconnects whenever I try to load an online game.

I have random dips in my connection also; losing connection out of nowhere. Yet, all of the online tests show that it is fine. 

I have reset the router; turned on/off again; moved the router closer; now using an extender with ethernet; have updated my drivers on the PC; even reset my PC entirely. Still the issues remain. 

With Fibre 65, surely I should be able to play an online game without issue and have my other household member play a game or stream at the same time?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi DanielHill1

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

@DanielHill1 

What is Service Centre showing for "speed to router" and "speed to device" ?

Log in to your router at 192.168.1.1 and post your DSL line statistics and confirm the connection type shows as VDSL.

Screenshots can be added in the body of the post using the toolbar camera icon on a desktop.

For staff support from tomorrow, add your TT landline number to your community profile, do not post it here in public.

0 Likes