FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, slow speed query

Hasson82
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

My talk talk "faster fibre" connection went live here in my new flat 2 days ago. Ive got a laptop plugged in via ethernet and the faceplate removed from the openreach NTE(master socket). Speedtest.net is showing me between 2mb/s and 13mb/s. Ive also used a smartphone and tablet and the speeds are the same.

Surely VDSL broadband, im assuming, from a Dslam cabinet should be 3 times as high? 

Fibre Optic Splicer/Network Tester
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Hasson82

Have you spoken to our Loyalty Team?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

See if Chat can check early termination fees for you, @Hasson82.

Reached from links on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Hasson82
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 8

Tried to cancel my broadband but told I would have to pay £150 to leave. I was put on hold to talk to the technical department then it cut off after 10 minutes. 

Absolutely no confidence right now and taking another day off work is not an option. I have lost money today due to poor customer service. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

My router is always switched on with its solod white light telling me its live.

TT have ran some sort of diagnostics whilst I spoke to them via live chat. The organised an openreach engineer to visit my property today to fix whatever the problem is.

Unfortunately the engineer allocated to me today has the wrong address for me. An engineer in nottingham was given the wrong address for me. He is currently 277miles away from me and that is a 4hr 45min drive. Doesnt look like im getting this issue fixed anytime soon. Very disappointed. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

I have a letter from talk talk with a guaranteed minimum speed of 29, typical speed of 32-53 amd a maximum speed of 54.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Hasson82

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked the connection stats but it appears that the router is switched off.

Is the router not switched on at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Hasson82 ,

Everyone will have a different potential top speed, as it is totally dependent on the length of your phone line. TalkTalk should have quoted you an expected speed range and a guaranteed minimum speed as part of you signing up for the service.