FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, wrong price on welcome letter

simonritchie
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I signed up to a new line with TalkTalk (new customer) through retentions over the phone (after two previous falied attempts) a week ago and due to be connected today by an engineer. The problem is that the offer I was given over the phone is not reflected in my welcome letter (It is a lot lot higher). The retentions chap who put it through said he had to create the account at the higher rate and would leave a note in the account notes for the next person who deals with it to adjust to the correct amount. He said this would happen with 48hrs and if I call talktalk I will be able to verify. I don't know if the letter I got with the wrong price was sent prior to the the price adjustment and I have no way of seeing if my price is correct online now because when I look in the "My Account" page just continually refreshes/loops showing no info. I also can't talk to talktalk over the phone now because of Coronavirus priorities. I need to verify that my account reflects the offer I was given. If it doesn't and talktalk are no longer honouring the price I was offered I obviously DO NOT want to proceed with the new contract/instillation. How can I verify what my monthly rate and setup cost is under the current constraints?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi simonritchie, in order to do more for you I need more information. I've sent you a personal message to get that information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Attached is a photo of the welcome letter with the incorrect price. I have no written proof from TalkTalk / access to the note made by the retention's team so you this be sent to me please. If you are unable to do this then I can only assume talktalk do not intend to honour it and I would like to cancel the next contract immediately.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi simonritchie

What price is quoted in the letter?   

There is a note on the account which we cant action until the service goes live

0 Likes

Taylerw
Enlightened One
Message 4 of 5

Hi @simonritchie I have passed this onto the team to pick up for you. We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment, but we’ll help as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience 😊

0 Likes