FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre line installed - no internet

ultrannaise
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

After trying to initially join in July and having three orders cancelled internally due to staff mistakes, without informing us, and subsequently wasting hours waiting for engineers that never showed, we finally had a fibre line installed yesterday. 

However, we have no internet connection. We called technical support who said we just had to restart the modem. When that didn't work, we spoke to somebody else who said it was a different issue and needed to be fixed by 'back office' staff, by Tuesday at the earliest. She could not tell us what the issue was, what action was being taken, or why it would take until Tuesday. 

We are now sat here with no broadband since yesterday. My wife is due to give birth any day now and we often rely on WiFi calling as our phone signal is so unreliable. We cannot set up our baby monitor. 

Can somebody please tell me what the issue is, and why it cannot be fixed immediately? There has obviously been advanced notice of our order (for months!) and yet it sounds like our line has not been activated. 

The service we have received so far has been appalling. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi ultrannaise,

I'm sorry this is taking so long, I know it must be really inconvenient and frustrating, hopefully it will soon be resolved 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

My wife managed to speak to somebody on the phone earlier and apparently we have no internet due to an internal error where they did not bother processing our order, so our account was not activated. This is ridiculous, since we first signed up for FF in July, and it is also internal staff mistakes that have led to our order being repeatedly cancelled without telling us. Nobody gets in touch and we have to constantly chase to get anything done. We are given different reasons every time and nobody seems to talk to each other. 

I have had to go into work to get a connection whilst my wife is home alone and due to give birth with no ability to call me because our old copper line was cut when the fibre line was put in. We have been told today that they will try to activate our account, and to wait until Wednesday (!) to see if it works. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Morning,

The Live Chat service should be available from 9am. Would you mind checking this again over the next 30 minutes?

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Michelle,

That page has said " Our live chat service is currently not available, please try again later." whenever I have looked over the past few weeks. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you tried contacting the Future Fibre Team via Live Chat?

Thanks

0 Likes

ultrannaise
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

It is FTTP. We spoke to two different people from Future Fibre on the phone last night. The one from technical support said she didn't know what the problem was or what was being done, but it might be fixed by Tuesday. I asked her to find out what the problem was and relay it to us, and she refused. We spoke to a guy from the account management side of things who was polite, but also didn't have a clue and the managers had gone home. It has been hopeless. 

Tried calling this morning - on hold for nearly half an hour before our phone reception cut out. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

@martswain, thanks for alerting me to my sausage-fingered typo moment. Corrected now.

PMs still not opening, 😪, but I got enough info to find my way back to this thread. 😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

@ultrannaise  do you have FTTC service over the phone line or Future Fibre with a newly drilled hole in the wall and a real fibre cable ?

If it is the latter you will not get staff support, you will be directed to the Future Fibre helpline or chat.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Over the weekend there is no staff support on here, @ultrannaise.

I'm afraid your only point of contact is phone (03451 720046 or 03451 720088) on Saturday, till 6pm.

Chat is available every day, but of course you will not necessarily be able to reach them unless you have a strong enough mobile signal.

The link is from the blue Chat Now button on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes