FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New move cancelled!

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 59 of 59

I’m in my new home awaiting my connection date (been in 7 days but no open reach slot!)

it’s due in 2 days. 
last night I got email and text saying it had been cancelled!

i rang this morning and was told the line is not free yet!

why was this not known sooner? Or checked earlier? Or someone let me know?

I have had to re order , 57 minutes on the phone. No slot now for 10 days! But they will try sooner. Why can’t I have my original slot back?

How do I keep my job to work from home?

what a fiasco. 
I’ll find another provider who can connect me sooner. 
Richard

Richard Lister
58 REPLIES 58

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 41 of 59

And while you are on would you ask someone why a router would be sent to the old property? This is all so basic. The last thing I need to be doing during a move without internet is trying to retrieve parcels. Just gets worse. 

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 42 of 59

Thanks, I'll pass this on to our Order Management team and see what they can do 

Chris

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 43 of 59

Yes any time of day or night! 
not sure why second order needs a new line. But now it’s dead it’s just a cabinet turn on is it?

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 44 of 59

OK thanks, and you just want it to go live as soon as possible?

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 45 of 59

Yes. Just sat waiting for Broadband. Had it ordered 13 days! Was all set for tomorrow. 

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 46 of 59

Hi Richard,

Can you just confirm that you are in the new property now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 59

I've asked our Order Management team to take a look, if we can get an early date then they will - I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 48 of 59

But the line is now free. And open reach  were coming on the 23rd. So why can’t they just do it now if it’s just a cab switch. Why must I wait till Oct and then waste money with a new line. It’s a ridiculous system. No fault of mine and wanting to stay with talktalk but you are forcing me to change providers after all these years of loyalty. 

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 49 of 59

Hi Richard

I'm really sorry but I think it's very unlikely that we are going to be able to bring this forward but I will check with our order management team

Chris

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 50 of 59

Yes but that’s no good. I’ve been sat in new house for 8 days awaiting originally switch of 23rd. 
I need to work!

the line on the house has a dial  tone but cannot ring out anymore. 
it’s obvious that the line was not cancelled by EE when talktalk checked 2 days ago but now is. 
please can openreach come sooner now and switch rather than put  a brand new line in. 
I cannot wait till October. I will have to try another provider

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 51 of 59

Thanks for adding your address. The new order appears to be going through and the go live date is the 1st October, is this the date that you've been given?

Chris

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 52 of 59

Address added. 

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 53 of 59

Hi richardlister,

Thanks for answering the security questions, sorry but could you also please add your new address to the private notes section of your community profile  Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 54 of 59

Staff reply during business hours. Look out for a response from Chris tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 55 of 59

I’ve done that. now what

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 56 of 59

@richardlister, you will need to click on @Chris-TalkTalk's avatar/name and then on send message.

Compose and send a fresh message from there, as the reply button is not functioning in PMs.

It's a known fault......

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 57 of 59

Ok I’ve done that security check but struggling to send pm back as no send or submit button on screen!!

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 58 of 59

Hi Richard,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes